Teamleader Legal & Corporate (Luxembourg)
Teamleader Legal & Corporate (Luxembourg)
For our client, a dominant player in the corporate services industry in Luxembourg, we are
looking for a talented TEAMLEADER Legal & Corporate (TL)
As a TEAMLEADER Legal & Corporate (TL) you will co-manage together with the
Teamleader Accounting a Team Unit under supervision of the Team Unit Director.
The TL is responsible for managing the day-to-day day legal, corporate and administrative
affairs relating to client companies in one of the Team Units.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The TL manages the planning and activities of the Legal & Corporate sub-team.
- He/she defines specific objectives and scope of work to be done and ensures that
the services delivered to the clients are in accordance with the standards.
- The TL monitors and reviews the status of the corporate and legal affairs of the
- The TL reviews the time writing of the Legal & Corporate sub-team on a weekly
basis to ensure appropriate chargeability and a proper invoicing of the work on
behalf of clients in accordance with the “Time Recording” process and procedure.
- The TL ensures pro-active participation in the cash collection of the outstanding
invoices by the Legal & Corporate sub-team in accordance with the “Accounts
Payable Management” process and procedure.
- He/she assists the TUD in hiring new staff members for the Team Unit.
- The TL organizes (and conducts where applicable) the annual appraisal,
promotions, goal settings and development process of the Legal & Corporate sub-
- The TL is responsible for the people management process in the Legal &
Corporate sub-team, including, but not limited to, providing appropriate training,
coaching, feedback and giving clear ambitious and achievable targets to the
Legal & Corporate sub-team.
- Legal and Corporate Secretarial
- The TL supervises and signs-off on corporate and finance transactions, ensuring
their timely and accurate execution.
- The TL ensures he/she and the Legal & Corporate sub-team fully understand the
- The TL together with the Teamleader Accounting ensures cooperation between
the Accounting and Legal & Corporate sub-teams to manage/conduct the
necessary financial aspects of specific transactions (incorporation, liquidation,
migrations, closings etc.).
- The TL ensures the proper incorporation of new client companies or as the case
may be the transfer in of client companies from another service provider in
accordance with processes and procedures.
- The TL ensures the proper opening of the bank accounts of the client company in
accordance with our processes and procedures.
- The TL reviews and signs-off the drafting and/or review of legal and transaction
documents in accordance with procedure and policy.
- The TL supports the Legal & Corporate sub-team(s) with answering complex legal
& corporate matters and queries, in cooperation with Legal Director Client
Services, if applicable and where necessary.
- The TL ensures the proper maintenance of the legal files e.g. completeness,
accuracy, updating etc. of the Legal & Corporate sub-team in accordance with
the processes and procedures
- The TL ensures the legal review of the financial statements team in accordance
with the process and procedure.
- The TL ensures timely acceptance of clients in accordance with the “Client
Acceptance” process and procedure.
- The TL ensures timely periodic review of clients in accordance with process and
- The TL actively participates in risk management and compliance.
- The TL ensures active transaction monitoring of the companies in the Team Unit
in accordance with the “Transaction Monitoring” process and procedure.
- The TL ensures the Legal & Corporate sub-team follows the 24 hour response
policy (internally and externally).
- The TL ensures appropriate organization and welcome of clients during client
- The TL ensures timely organization and preparation of board meetings e.g.
leadership, location, social program, board pack, minutes.
- The TL monitors and ensures clear, efficient and professional communication
between sub-team members and third parties.
- The TL takes ownership in maintaining the relationship with existing clients and
intermediaries. This should result in longstanding and profitable relationships with
clients and intermediaries and limit client outflow.
- The TL prepares and ensures execution of the Commercial Business Plan and
- The TL attends meetings of prospects and intermediaries in order to present and
its services. He/she participates in business trips for visiting existing clients,
intermediaries and new potential clients.
- Act as Director/Manager on Board of client companies
- The TL is expected to take on the role of Director/Manager on the boards of client
companies in accordance with the “Directors and Managers” procedure and policy.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Obtained University or professional studies in law or an equivalent level gained
through relevant professional experience and continuous professional learning.
- Gained a minimum of 9 years relevant experience in an international Law, Tax or
- Have solid knowledge of international tax law, Luxembourg law and international
company law (holding and finance structures, incorporations, joint ventures,
liquidation procedures, (group) financing rules and corporate transactions).
- Gained team management expertise and who have excellent organization and
communication skills as well as solid analytical skills.
- Are fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
We offer you
a challenging job in a rapidly expanding international company, with an informal
company culture. There is the opportunity to expand your knowledge with excellent
prospects for a further international career in one of worldwide offices of our client.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your curriculum vitae in English and
covering letter outlining your interest in the role via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org