Teamleader Accounting (Luxembourg)
Teamleader Accounting (Luxembourg)
The Teamleader accounting co-manages together with the Teamleader Legal&
Corporate under supervision of and in pro-active interaction with the Director of the Team.
The Teamleader accounting under the supervision of the Team Director and in close co-
operation with Teamleader Legal & Corporate, is responsible for managing the day-to-day
day financial and administrative affairs relating to client companies. The Teamleader
accounting manages the Accounting sub-team and delegates the daily management to
one or more MAS.
- The Teamleader accounting manages the planning and activities of the
- He/she defines specific objectives and scope of work to be done and ensures that
the services delivered to the clients are in accordance with standards of the
- The Teamleader accounting monitors and reviews the status of the Financial
Statements, Tax Declarations e.g. CIT, VAT, other required reports, regulatory or
investors reporting, as well as the timing of Board and General Meetings and the
statutory filing of the client companies;
- The Teamleader accounting reviews the time writing of the Accounting sub-team
on a weekly basis to ensure appropriate chargeability and a proper invoicing of
the work on behalf of clients in accordance with the Time Recording process and
- The Teamleader accounting ensures timely and correct invoicing and review of
breakdowns in accordance with the Invoicing process and procedure;
- The Teamleader accounting is responsible for the cash collection of the
outstanding invoices in accordance with the Accounts Payable Management
process and procedure;
- He/she assists the Team Director in hiring new staff members;
- The Teamleader accounting organizes and conducts where applicable the
annual appraisal, promotions, goal settings and development process of the
- The Teamleader accounting is responsible for the people management process in
the Accounting sub-team, including, but not limited to, providing appropriate
training, coaching, feedback and giving clear ambitious and achievable targets to
the Accounting sub-team.
Client Accounting and Reporting
- The Teamleader accounting ensures he/she and the Accounting sub-team fully
understand the transactions and the related accounting entries taken place during
the year and are able to clearly and fully explain and document these
transactions on behalf of stakeholders e.g. auditors, clients;
- The Teamleader accounting ensures timely recording of transactions during the
- The Teamleader accounting reviews and signs-off on the financial statements and
financial reports prepared by the team in accordance with the Drafting, Approval
and Filing of Annual Accounts process and procedure;
- The Teamleader accounting is responsible for the timely filing of the financial
statements and if applicable for the timely financial reporting to the stakeholders
such as regulator, exchange, bank;
- The Teamleader accounting ensures the proper maintenance of the accounting
files completeness, accuracy, updating of the Accounting sub-team in
accordance with the Filing” and Archiving processes and procedures.
- The Teamleader accounting is responsible for the review and sign-off of the
calculations of tax provisions;
- For tax returns prepared by the company or by an external party, the Teamleader
accounting ensures the reviews of the returns before sending the tax file to the tax
department for final review;
- The Teamleader accounting is responsible for the timely filling of the internally
and externally prepared tax returns in line with applicable legal deadlines;
- The above tasks must be executed in accordance with the Prepare and file tax
return process and procedure.
- The Teamleader accounting actively participates in risk management and
- The Teamleader accounting ensures active transaction monitoring of the
companies in the BU in accordance with the “Transaction Monitoring” process
- The Teamleader accounting completes on a daily basis his/her time-writing to
ensure appropriate chargeability and a proper invoicing of the work on behalf of
clients in accordance with the Time Recording process and procedure;
- The BUM (A)is responsible for the timely and correct execution and verification of
the payment instructions in accordance with the Bank Payments and Client Admin
process and procedure.
- The Teamleader accounting ensures the review of the draft minutes of any Board
of Directors Meetings and the General Meeting of Shareholders discussing and/or
approving financial transactions and/or events;
- The Teamleader accounting together with the Teamleader Legal& Corporate
ensures cooperation between the Accounting and Legal & Corporate sub-teams to
manage/conduct the necessary financial aspects of specific transactions e.g.
incorporation, liquidation, migrations, closings.
- The Teamleader accounting ensures the Accounting sub-team follows the 24
hour response policy (internally and externally);
- The Teamleader accounting ensures appropriate organization and welcome of
clients during client meetings;
- The Teamleader accounting ensures timely organization and preparation of
board meetings e.g. leadership, location, social program, board pack, minutes;
- The Teamleader accounting monitors and ensures clear, efficient and
professional communication between sub-team members and third parties;
- The Teamleader accounting takes ownership in maintaining the relationship with
existing clients and intermediaries. This should result in longstanding and
profitable relationships with clients and intermediaries and limit client outflow.
- The Teamleader accounting together with the Team Director and Teamleader
Legal&Corporate and the sales members of the team prepares and ensures
execution of the Commercial Business Plan and Annual Budgets;
- The Teamleader accounting attends meetings of prospects and intermediaries in
order to present the company and its services. He/she participates in business trips
for visiting existing clients, intermediaries and new potential clients;
- Act as Director/Manager on Board of client companies;
- The Teamleader accounting is expected to take on the role of Director/Manager
on the boards of client companies in accordance with the “Directors and
Managers” procedure and policy.
Who are we looking for?
Required Education and Experience:
- University or professional studies in accounting or equivalent level gained through
relevant professional experience and continuous professional learning;
- 8-9 years relevant experience in an international Accounting, Audit or Trust
- Solid knowledge of Lux GAAP and Luxembourg and international Tax Law
(including, but not limited to, holding and finance structures, incorporations, joint
ventures, liquidation procedures, (group) financing rules and corporate
Required Business Applications:
- Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing;
- Additional language requirements may apply.
Other Required Skills:
- Excellent organization and communication skills;
- Solid analytical skills.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your curriculum vitae in English and
covering letter outlining your interest in the role via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org