Paralegal / Junior Legal Counsel
Paralegal/Junior Legal Counsel
This vacancy has already been filled.
For our client, a boutique service provider in Dubai we are looking for a:
Paralegal/Junior Legal Counsel
Reporting to the Head of Legal and Compliance, you will be a well-rounded in-house
lawyer. You shall be providing legal advice to a range of offshore and onshore clients in
various jurisdictions. You will assist with handling communications and coordinating
project rollouts from multiple external sources and clients. You will be required to liaise
with clients in different jurisdictions, third party business partners and consultants, in a
timely and efficient manner, maintaining a highly organized filing system, preparing
documentation and performing a variety of administrative tasks.
You will also be directly involved in the planning and execution of key strategic initiatives
to improve operational excellence, cost optimization and corporate hardening within the
organization and will be required to report to senior management of the effectiveness of
- Complete incorporation, administration and liquidation of structures (i.e. holdings,
foundations and trusts) in various jurisdictions (Offshore and Onshore including
- Responsible for the maintenance and update of corporate documentation and
registers, day-to-day accounting, and monthly reporting as may be required from
time to time.
- Responsible for the preparation and review of standard legal documentation
including Board and AGM minutes, PoA’s and resolutions and commercial
- Commercial and contractual advice to the business and its clients, including but
not limited to the review and negotiation of customer agreements; procurement
agreements for hardware, software and services and product supply agreements
- Research and respond to general legal enquiries relating to corporate, litigation,
intellectual property and compliance matters.
- Company secretarial support and internal management of corporate entities
including legal, administrative and banking activities for client companies.
- Fully understand the client’s activities and make sure that any action taken is
consistent with the client company’s purpose, and is within the legal and
economic framework of the company.
- Develop existing and new business relations and expand client base; obtain
additional work from clients as well as seek referrals and develop a larger client
- Undertake and perform relevant follow up on various administrative tasks,
- including the preparation of letters, client invoices and payment instructions as
may be required from time to time.
- Develop relationships with clients in line with internal procedures (i.e. gathering of
- bank account openings), working closely with the Regional Account
Representative and Client Account Managers.
- Building and maintaining personal contact with clients, advisors and other related
- Being the point of entry for processing client requests such as account opening,
account maintenance and trading.
- Communicate with government agencies, notaries’ offices, law firms and
translators as necessary.
- Law degree to University level (Common law background preferable)
- LPC or postgraduate legal studies preferable
- Minimum of 1-4 years of experience (pre or post qualification) in a similar
function, in house or corporate services environment
- Experience in company incorporation and administration of structures within the
local free zones
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word and Outlook, PowerPoint is an advantage)
- Hands on personality with the flexibility of taking over tasks beyond the job
- Proactive approach, able to work independently, but being a team player.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills and an ability to meet tight
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, highly discreet, client orientated,
ability to integrate in a multinational environment and motivated to develop your
- Please note that the role is in Dubai, UAE and will be performed there. Someone
already living in Dubai is preferred, however someone travelling to Dubai is also
If you are interested in this role, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or
call Brigitte Welters LL.M at +31(0)641950252, however initial contact would be preferred
via e-mail at email@example.com.