Legal Counsel (Luxembourg)
For our client, a dominant player in the corporate services industry in Luxembourg, we are
looking for a talented Legal Counsel
Your responsibilities as a core member of our team will be incredibly diverse, including
working with complex international clients and structures and supporting team members
towards positive results.
Our client is a global leader in providing tech-enabled corporate, capital markets and fund
solutions to clients operating and investing in the international business environment. Our
client delivers high-quality, tailored fund, corporate, capital market and private wealth
services to its clients, with a view to building long-term relationships. The Company works
with global law firms and accountancy firms, multinational corporations, financial
institutions, fund managers, high net worth individuals and family offices.
- Responsible, under direct supervision of the Managing Director, for negotiating,
writing, reviewing, summarizing, researching and executing a wide variety of
agreements for the company, including service agreements, real estate leases,
confidentiality agreements, and other general business contracts both
domestically and internationally.
- The Legal Counsel will handle any (key) litigation involving the company and will
generally assist in ensuring the company’s legal risk management and reporting.
- The Legal Counsel must be capable of handling the most difficult matters facing
the company on his own, and, as necessary, in forging strategic partnerships with
outside counsel and internal departments when necessary.
- The Legal Counsel must help define, debate and develop business positions on
broad company issues.
- The Legal Counsel will be at the centre of resolving conflicts between national
laws and global ethical standards.
- The Legal Counsel must play a lead role in fostering employee awareness,
knowledge and commitment to a high performance and high integrity culture.
Deliverables and key activities
- Identification of legal risks
- Reporting legal risks
- Reporting and handling of (key) litigation
- Dealing with legal risks
- Legal review of transactions for decision making
- Assistance to the business
- Legislative and regulatory watch (in close cooperation with the Compliance
- Standardize, align and integrate document and contract production processes
- Oversee the corporate house-keeping of the company and its Luxembourg affiliates
- Integrate ethics, compliance and preventive law efforts (in close cooperation with
the Compliance Department)
- Contribute to the legal implementation of new services, ideas or business
- Serve as internal early warning system in identifying potential risks to the company
- Permanent member of the Local Acceptance Committee and the Local Risk
- Be aware of information security threats and concerns, own responsibilities and
- Support organizational security policy in the course of normal work
- Reduce the risk of theft, fraud, misuse of facilities and human error
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Law degree; LLM; Legal Qualifications or equivalent.
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience;
- Experience with domiciliation of client companies is highly valued, but not
- Fluency in English, written and spoken. Good working knowledge of French is
- Well organised, dynamic and committed
- Good knowledge of MS office applications
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Solution driven.
What we offer?
- A challenging and very rewarding role in our growing company
- Continued learning via their in house Academy and ongoing on-the-job
- A chance to work in a diverse team of experts with entrepreneurial spirits and up
and down feedback flows to further strengthen our service and brand in the industry
- Being a player in various fields in financial services globally, the company has
various horizontal, vertical and global career opportunities
- A competitive package of salary and benefits
- Have proven experience in financial services, international law, tax or trust
If you are interested in this role, please forward your resume in word + a salary indication to
attn: Brigitte Welters