Fund Accountant (Luxembourg)
For our client, a high end financial services company in Luxembourg we are looking for a
This role is as a team member within the operations team which is a sub team located
within the Funds Department. The team is newly formed and its role will expand. Currently
the team will focus primarily upon accounting automation, data migrations/remediation,
structuring of clients on the system, setting up and managing DX portal dashboards and
defined tasks to support the funds business in Luxembourg in close cooperation with other
group companies active in Fund Services.
The key responsibilities consist of:
- Maintain an accurate record of the accounting data requirements for each legal
entity where data is managed by the team along with timelines where data
remediation is required and continually monitor the status against these
- Reconciling client data to Investran and ensuring data granularity is captured and
maintained according to best practice
- Become a subject matter expert in the use of the Investran/DX and support teams
by responding to ad-hoc queries and providing ongoing training/guidance
- Proactively seek to identify enhancements to be adopted by the teams using
Investran and provide support to the teams in their adoption
- Improving efficiencies through automation of outputs as well as custom report
- Take ownership of all migrations into Investran from an accounting perspective
including data remediation
- Take ownership of DX site creation, setup and customization. Working with both
the accounting and admin teams as well as clients to fulfil their needs.
Client Care/Team Care and Support
- Maintain client documents with integrity and the highest levels of confidentiality.
- Support the team by keeping the relevant systems updated, and solve any system
related issues that may arise
- Manage and develop good working relationships with the funds team, the funds
support team and any external parties as well as the wider Group
- Ensure the operations teams manager is kept informed of activities at all times
- Take the necessary corrective and preventative action if an error occurs including
informing all parties involved.
People & Team
- Be approachable and accessible when given tasks by a senior team member as
well as offering guidance and development to the wider teams/group when
- Ability to represent the team and present ideas/proposals to various stakeholders
- Supporting the funds team with subscriptions, redemptions and notifications on an
ad-hoc basis where technical support is required
- Proactively ensure that internal team management information is completed on a
- Delegate the work flow to the most suited team member and ensure deadlines are
achieved within agreed timelines
- Ensure compliance with the Firm's professional conduct, quality and ethical
- Provide new, innovative ideas on how to improve the efficiencies of daily tasks
- Take care of and establish good relationships with all suppliers, team mates and
- Drive personal development using all the resources available to achieve success
- To undertake project work as instructed by the senior.
- Preparation of fee quotes in relation to expected accounting costs and
contribution to the analysis of actual costs against budget.
- Accurately record all time spent dealing with client matters to ensure the client's
are correctly invoiced
- Responsible for providing on going management/dashboard reporting (for multiple
stakeholders) based on the scope and objectives of the team, where necessary
working with the finance team to obtain the core data so that it is fit for purpose.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Is able to deal with tasks independently & use own initiative
- Must be committed and driven to achieving excellence for themselves and their
- Has a strong academic background
- Has relevant experience in a similar role i.e.
- Data remediation/migration
- Client on-boarding/structuring
- External client portal management
- Control improvements
- Ideally is ACCA qualified; 'Big 4' experience would be an asset
- Has strong technical knowledge within private equity, SPVs, real estate and funds
- Possesses excellent proven client relationship experience and feedback
- Has current IFRS/LUX GAAP/US GAAP accounting standards experience
- Has proficient IT skills, ideally Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Navision, Elite,
Investran, DX, Tableau and Yardi
- Is fluent in English, written and spoken. Any additional language is an advantage
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV outlining your interest in the
role via e-mail to email@example.com, we will respond within 24 hrs. You can also
contact Brigitte Welters LL.M at +31(0)641950252 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.